Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Memories

Hi Everyone,

Another beautiful Monday here in Vandergrift, PA.  The sun is shining and the birds are singing.  It is suppose to get warm today, 89 degrees, maybe 90.  Not looking forward to that, but will deal anyway.  It is hard to believe that July is almost over.  Looking forward to my trip to California in September to visit my daughter and her family.  It has been over a year since we have seen them.

Jim is working on the other house today.  He is putting on new steps in the front.  I will be just doing laundry, cooking and cleaning.  I love it though.  Being a homemaker is the best.  "She looketh well to the ways of her household,..."  Proverbs 31:27a          "...keepers at home,..."  Titus 2:5c     I do not like the word house wife, I am not married to the house.  I am a homemaker.  To me being a homemaker is not just cooking, cleaning, baking and doing laundry.  It is making the home a place where your family enjoys coming home to, a place where they are comfortable and a place where they can truly be themselves.  It is making a place where memories can be made and remembered.  I love to look around and see the pictures on the wall of my family or see knick knacks and remember why I received them.  I love to look in my china cupboard and see the dishes that came from my grandmother as well as Jim's mom and grandmother.  In my kitchen I have some drawings hanging on my frig that my granddaughters made me when they were here last year.  I see the magnets on the frig that remind me of the places across the country that I have visited.  Oh the memories I have and the excitement I feel when I think of the new memories that are made each day.

Well I better close for now.  Talk to you all soon.

Hugs,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment