Monday, May 23, 2011

My Position in Christ

Hi Everyone,

I just have this thought on my heart and I need to share it.  I am honor to be a woman of the Lord.  It is not a shame to be a woman, it is an honor.  There is no shame in being a wife and mother, to stay at home and take care of the home and family.  It is okay if a man and wife decide that the wife should work, but it is okay if a man and wife choose for the woman to stay at home. 

Scripture Reading:  I Timothy 2:9-15  I call this portion of scripture "A Woman's Place"

"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel; with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair or gold, or pearls, r costly array.  But which becometh women professing godliness with good works.  Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.  But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.  For Adam was first formed, then Eve.  And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in trangression.  Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holliness with sobriety."

Women play a very important part in the plan of God.  I think of Ruth, a Moabite, an idol worshipper, who left her home land, went with her mother-in-law to the land of Israel.  Accepted God as her God, and was the great grandmother of King David and she is in the genealogy of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Then there is Rahab, another idol worshipper who is also in the genealogy of Jesus Christ.  These two woman and there are more, came to recognize the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as the one true and living God. 

So when you hear the world tell you that you are not important as a woman, remember, that the Lord Himself considers you very important.  Don't let those who misinterrupt scripture discourage you.  I am so happy to be a woman, wife and the person the Lord would have me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment