Monday, June 27, 2011

Experimenting on Monday

Hi Everyone,

Today has been so beautiful.  I have done some crafting and experimenting with baking.  One of the crafts that I am working on is an altered cutting board.  I am doing it sort of vintage style and one of the things I wanted to added to it is a recipe.  One of the recipes that reminds me of my childhood.  I called my Mom to ask her about it and she could not find the recipe, so her and I discussed it.  So I told her I would give it a try.  It was my Mothers Mayo Chocolate Cake, made from scratch.   The mayo takes the place of the butter or shortening and the eggs.  Way back when I was a kid the mothers had to use what they had and that was one of the results.  My husband says the cake is good, it has the consistency of a brownie.  I frosted it with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.  I will add the recipe to my recipe section of this blog.

Scripture Reading:  Psalms 25:19-20
"Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.  O keep my soul, and deliver me; let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee."

No comments:

Post a Comment