Monday, June 20, 2011

Warm and sunny Monday

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to post here on my blog. 

Yesterday my adopted granddaughter left for her homeland.  She has been here in the US for almost a year.  My daughter has for several year hosted foreign exchange students and I have meet a few of them   Ngan is one of them.  When I visited in October last year I really got to know her and I adopted (not literally) as my granddaughter.  She is a very sweet young lady.  She will be arriving in her homeland of Vietnam tomorrow.  she has not seen her parents and brother since August of last year.  I was able to talk with her on saturday and it was a very tearful good-bye.  My dughter told me that yesterday was very hard on everyone bcause so many people grew to love Ngan and she them.  My two granddaughters Kristy and Abby really cried, they will miss her, she was like their big sister.   The good news is she will be back in the fall for college.  She was accepted to a college here in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia.  So hopefully we will get to see her.  My daughter is hoping to fly her to California for Christmas.  Maybe she can spend some time with us before she goes out there for the holidays.

Scripture Reading:  Psalms 25:17-18
"The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.  Look upon mine afflication and my pain; and forgive all my sins."

Well have a great day!  I have also posted a picture of my latest altered canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment