Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cake Decorating Class this Evening







An orchid from the orchid room at Phipps Conservatory.  Pic taken May 3, 2014.


Hi Everyone,

Tonight my friend and I start the cake decorating class that we signed up for when we took the Crazy for Cupcakes class.  I am really looking forward to the class.  We start out doing cupcakes and work our way to cakes and other treats.

I have made some cupcake holders and I will post pictures of them tomorrow that way I can show you how they will look with the cupcakes in them.  I have also dome some altered bird houses that I will post tomorrow as well.

The weather is beautiful today, sunny and bright.  The birds sang to me this morning as I was waking up.  I got up earlier to see the meteor shower, interesting.  Our garden is coming along quite well.  We have onions and lettuce in, Jim will be planting in the next couple of weeks the tomatoes, zuchini, eggplant, peppers and herbs.  We love having a garden with fresh things to eat and of course I will do some canning at the end of summer.

Jim and I are so proud of our granddaughter Kristy.  She is an official member of the NRA (National Rifle Association) and she was also elected to the leadership board as their historian for the 4-H group she belongs to and she is only 11 years old.  Both her and her sister are very active in their 4-H group in a variety of activities.

Well I will close for now.  Thanks for stopping by and visiting me here in Nana's Parlor.  You are always welcome here, so stop by anytime.

Love, hugs, and God bless you,
Janet (Kristy, Abby, Dulcie, and Ngan's Nana)


Below are some of the other orchids from the orchid room at Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh, PA.







I love orchids and the brominleads are also beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment