Thursday, May 15, 2014

Rainy Days and Thursday



My decorated cake from class.




Hi Everyone,

Today is a rainy day here in Vandergrift, PA.  I don't mind though I love being in the house, it has given me a chance to do something I never did before.  Today for the first time I dyed fondant and rolled it out and made flowers for on top of my cup cakes.  It was a lot of fun.  I went on ebay and ordered some different shaped fondant cutters, so when they come in I will be doing more shapes.

I am having such a good time in my cake decorating class.  On Tuesday we cut, iced and decorated a 2 layer cake, that also included filling.  The icing we were to make at home.  That was something new for me to do.  But now I  know how to make my own buttercream frosting.

I will be posting on my kitchen blog a recipe that I learned from a lady at a local plant store.  It is how to bake roma tomatoes.  Jim and I have had them two days in a row.  Of course I change the recipe and did it the way I wanted.  So check out my kitchen blog for pics and the recipe.

Well I am going to close for now.  Thanks for stopping by and visiting, you are always welcome here, stop by any time.

Love, hugs and God bless you,
Janet (Kristy, Abby, Dulcie, and Ngan's Nana)

PS  Recipe for the cupcakes will be on my kitchen blog.


Yellow and Pink Cupcakes






No comments:

Post a Comment