Friday, May 9, 2014

The Mating of the Peepers



The trail around the lake.  It is a beautiful walk.

Northmoreland Park Lake is a a man made lake that is stocked with fish and people come out and really enjoy the day fishing, walking and just relaxing.




Hi Everyone,

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday but I want to tell you about my day.  It was beautiful.  Jim had trapped a bunny in our garden so we took it out to the local park to release it.  while we were there we decided to go walk around the lake.  The lake has a beautiful trail (1.1 miles) around it.  The walk is wonderful and good exercise.  I took some pictures that I will post.  While there we heard this loud noise and couldn't figure out what it was.  There was a man and his wife passing us on the trail and we asked what it was that was making such a noise.  The man said the spring peepers were mating.  Well let me tell you they were letting everyone know about it.  Jim and I really enjoyed out walk and just being in the park together. We are planning on doing it again real soon.  Jim said that he can fish while we are there and I can take pictures.  I also plan on taking some embroidery to do.  A picnic lunch will also be part of the plan.

Well I am going to close for now.  Thanks for stopping by and visiting me here in Nana's Parlor.  You are always welcome here.  Stop by anytime.

Love, hugs, and God bless you,
Janet (Kristy, Abby, Dulcie and Ngan's Nana)


Ducks on the lake.


May flowers and their apples scattered around the park.

Beautiful bluets carpet the ground.

Spring peepers relaxing near the lake shore.



The trees blooming in brilliant, bright pink.




No comments:

Post a Comment