Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

Hi Everyone,

Happy Good Friday to everyone.  It is hard to believe in just a couple of days it is Easter.  I am looking forward to celebrating the resurrection of my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Spring is in the air here in Vandergrift, PA.  It is beautifully sunny out, not to hot and when I awoke this morning the birds were singing and making melody in the air.  That is one of the things I look forward to hearing in the spring.

Today I cleaned upstairs and then I did some mending.  A couple of my spring/summer skirts needed repaired and washed and they are now in the dryer.  Lately I have been doing a lot of embroidery, I am making special pillowcases for my granddaughters for Christmas.  Yes, I know that is months away but there is a lot of detail so I thought I would get started early, that way I am not rushing towards the end.  I am also making pillowcases for our churches knitting ministry.  It is not all knitting, there is also crocheting and now embroidery.  We try to provide a baby blanket for each baby born in our church, we make lap blankets for shut-ins and others in need and now the pillow cases for the newlyweds.  It is just a special ministry to let our fellow worshipers know we care about them.

Well I better close for now.  Thanks for stopping by and visiting me here in Nana's Parlor.  You are always welcome here.

Love, hugs, and God bless you,
Janet (Kristy, Abby, Dulcie and Ngan's Nana)

No comments:

Post a Comment