Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's Cold Outside

Hi Everyone,

Yes it is cold outside here in Vandergrift PA.  But that is ok, it is warm inside and that is just where I am inside cozy and warm.

Not much happening today.  Did some cleaning and put some homemade spaghetti sauce out to thaw for supper.  We will be having spaghetti with meat sauce and mixed veggies.  I may slice up some more of the Easter ham also.  We have really been enjoying the ham.  When I baked it on Sunday I made a brine of brown sugar, water, and pineapple juice.  I placed slices of pineapple on the ham and held them in place with whole cloves.  The cloves helped flavor the brine, it was delicious.  Monday and Tuesday I fried some of the ham  in the brine which thickened, Jim loved it.  The potato salad is gone and so are the pickled eggs.  I didn't cook as much this year as I normally do.

Well Saturday I am going to my crazy for cupcakes class.  In the class I will learn how to decorate cupcakes.  I am really looking forward to it.  lately I have been on a real cupcake craze.  I like trying different flavors.  Tomorrow I will be baking cupcakes for Saturday.  I am making pina coloda cupcakes.  Maybe I will add some crushed pineapple in the batter.  Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits.  Back in the late 70's I lived in Hawaii while serving in the Air Force, so I ate a lot of pineapple and never grew tired of it.

Well it is time to go.  Thanks for stopping by and visiting me here in Nana's Parlor.  Stop by any time you are always welcome.

Love, hugs, and God bless you,
Janet (Kristy, Abby, Dulcie and Ngan's Nana)

PS  I will put up pics of the my cupcakes after class on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment