Thursday, May 28, 2015

Ngan, our Precious Adopted Granddaughter Arrives Tonight

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I have been busy.  As stated in my last post our new baby granddaughter, Bonita Mae arrived.  Jim and I went to see her the day after she was born.  She is beautiful, with black hair, not sure of the eye color, she slept the whole time we were there.  We also had our Memorial Day picnic, which I always start preparing for a couple days ahead of time.  Which means rhubarb and strawberry-rhubarb pies are made on Saturday and potato salad was made on Sunday.  The picnic was on Monday and we had a great time with family and friends.  It is always good to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

We are also getting ready for Ngan.  She arrives tonight at the airport.  It will be good to see her when she comes.  She will be staying with us for a few months.  She just graduated from college and is in search of a job.  She will also be taking classes on line to further her degree.

Well I will close for now.  Thanks for stopping by and visiting me here in Nana's Parlor.  Stop by any time you are always welcome.

God bless you,
Janet

PS Here are the pictures I promised of my most recent lap quilt.  I call it Ocean's Treasures because of the colors.  I made it for a young couple in our church who are getting married in June.  I also made a matching pillow.  I gave it to her on Sunday and she loved it.







I made the quilt from a jelly roll that I ordered off of ebay and the backing is made from material that I had in my fabric stash.  I love using jelly rolls.  I am making another lap quilt from material I bought a Wal-Mart in Knoxville, TN and I cut it into jelly roll strips.  I am still working on it.  It needs to be done and in the mail before the end of June.

Well enjoy the pictures and please let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment