Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Getting Ready

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it has been a while since I last posted, busy, busy.  I hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for Thanksgiving.  It is my favorite meal of the year to prepare and cook.  Here in PA we are getting SNOW.  It is beautiful.  I just pray that everyone is safe on the roads as many will be traveling.

Today I will finish up with some last minute cleaning and starting preparing for tomorrow and Thursday. Tomorrow is the first day of Hannakkah and since my husband is part Jewish we will be having a Hannakkah dinner.  Today I am going to make carmelized applesauce for the potato latkes.  I will post a dinner menu and some recipes on my kitchen blog hopefully tomorrow evening.  Also tomorrow is my pie making day and some food prep for Thursday.  I will also post a menu and recipes possibly Thursday evening.

Saturday my daughter-in-law will be over and her and I will be making turkey raviolas for Christmas dinner. That is a tradition.  I did it with my mother-in-law who taught me how to make them and now I am passing that knowledge on to Brittany.  I will post more details about that in a latter post.  Maybe next week.

Well I better close for now.  Thanks for stopping by and visiting with me here in Nana's Parlor.  You are always welcome here, stop by anytime.  I would love to here about your family holiday traditions.

Love, Hugs, and God Bless
Janet (Kristy and Abby's Nana)

No comments:

Post a Comment