Sunday, November 3, 2013

Quiet Sunday Afternoon

Hi Everyone,

I hope all of you are having a quiet Sunday afternoon.  Jim and I just got home from church and dinner out.  It has been quite a week for him and I.  Jim spent Thursday and part of Friday in the hospital.  He was at the doctors on Thursday for a pain in his upper chest.  They sent him right away to the local hospital, where test were run, he was observed all night and then a stress test was done on Friday.  Everything came back clear and good.  Praise the Lord, God is so good.  So it is very nice to have a quiet day.

Well November is here and preparations for Thanksgiving will be underway.  I love Thanksgiving, even the prep for it.  I love to make pies and cook the meal.  As usual I will be making of course pumpkin pies and a Kentucky Pecan Pie, minus the Bourbon.  I will cook the turkey in the traditional way and sweet potato casserole, along with all the other goodies that go with this meal.

I would love for anyone to share their recipes and ideas you have for celebrating this great American holiday.

Well I am going to close for now.  I would if you share with me your holiday traditions.  Thanks for stopping by and visiting here in Nana' Parlor.  Stop by any time, you are always welcome.

Love, Hugs, and God Bless,
Janet (Kristy and Abby's Nana)

No comments:

Post a Comment